Old February 18th 06, 01:57 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Default Volt / Ammeter ENOUGH OF THIS!!!!

Please, either change the subject title or quit this thread...

You know how you can be in a room filled with people all talking at once
but you'll instantly hear when someone mentions your name?? Well, I'm
getting tired of seeing my name posted every day on RAH...

How about changing the name of the thread to "ammeter"? At least, with
the lower case it isn't so obvious to me.

BTW, if you can believe it... I retired from the Meter Department of a
large public Electric Utility as the Crewchief for all
Commercial/Industrial Metering for our very large city.... I've had
enough references to my name and what I did to last several lifetimes....

John Ammeter

COLIN LAMB wrote:
I have been making shunts for years using a box of paper clips. I measured
the resistance of the full clip as .025 ohms, so part of a clip is less
resistance in a linear relationship. Larger paper clips have less
resistance. Depending upon the current drawn and the sensitivity of the
meter used, you may need to consider heat dissipation and of course consider
the insulation. I solder taps and they work fine.

Far easier than using so many feet of wire.

Colin