Old January 14th 07, 08:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
BobR

Default Not wanting to use control sticks

Lou,

Check out the following link to my web site for some photos of an
outstanding yoke system for a homebuilt. If you are interested, I can
get you into contact with the builder.

http://www.kisbuild.r-a-reed-assoc.c...-Controls.html

It is an outstanding design that uses no cables and no chains, only
push rods.

Bob

Lou wrote:
Well, here I go again, thinking instead of doing.
My plane call for control sticks just like 99% of the homebuilts out
there. But I've been considering using a control yoke (maybe cessna 150
modified) instead. To get from the yoke controls
to the push/pull tubes in the wing I may have to use Bowden cables. I
may be wrong on the name, but basicly similar to bicycle brake cables.
Has anyone used these kind of cables successfuly?
Or has anyone incorporated a control yoke instead of control sticks?
Lou