Old April 21st 07, 10:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval
Harriet and John

Default Naval Aviator Slots- HELP!!

Guess I shoulda stayed out of it, huh?

"J.D. Baldwin" wrote in message

In the previous article, Harriet and John
wrote:
(I'm given to understand that nowadays another factor in the
pipeline "input and throughput" - Training Command jargon - is the
impact of Lasix surgery eyesight correction which substantially
increases the pool of 20-20 candidates.)

Lasix is a medication for people with high blood pressure and other
cardiovascular problems. LASIK is an acronym for a popular eye
surgery to correct vision. LASIK will disqualify you absolutely and
irrevocably from any kind of military aviation.

The Navy, at the moment, is performing PRK, a completely different and
much older kind of eye surgery on some candidates who are then
eligible for SNA status if correction to 20/20 is successful.
--
_+_ From the catapult of |If anyone disagrees with any statement I make,
_|70|___=}- J.D. Baldwin |am quite prepared not only to retract it, but