Old September 27th 03, 02:23 AM
Kevin Brooks

Larry Dighera wrote in message . ..
BOEING CO. and the Bell Helicopter unit of TEXTRON INC. won a
$208 million contract for work on the special operations
command version of the V-22 Osprey tilt-rotor aircraft, the
Navy said on Tuesday. The Bell-Boeing Joint Program Office won
the contract to work on the CV-22 Block 0 and 10 Development
Program and extend flight tests of the CV-22 version of the
controversial aircraft, the Navy said. The V-22 resumed flight
tests in May 2002 -- 17 months after fatal crashes grounded it
and raised serious doubts about the technology in the $46
billion program. But Ward Carroll, spokesman for the program,
said the aircraft was doing well and was ready to shift from
development flight tests to operational flight tests this fall.
(Reuters 06:03 PM ET 09/23/2003)

I believe your title is a little misleading. As I understand it, the
CV-22 is for USSOCOM, specifically AFSOC; the Navy is executive
agent/program manager for the MV-22/CV-22 program as a whole. CV-22 is
not, as of yet, destined for any Naval special operations unit.

Brooks

Mo
http://q1.schwab.com/s/r?l=248&a=867...a&s=rb0309 23