Old April 19th 11, 02:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tuno

Default SeeYou task leg distance calculation question

I have this question posted on the Naviter forum, but I thought I'd
troll here for any bored SeeYou fans. (ZL?)

SeeYou (3.9x and now 4.00) is calculating the length of the final leg
in my TAT from the point of the last turn to the center of the finish
circle. Since I have "Reduce leg distance" checked in the options for
the Finish observation zone (and "Use flight fixes" in the task
options), I am expecting the distance from the last turn to the point
where the finish circle is entered, but I'm not getting that. I'd like
to know if I'm doing something wrong.

I had a very similar problem a few years ago that went away after a
SeeYou version upgrade, so I'm pretty sure I have the settings
correct.

For an example of the problem, see my 4/18 flight out of Sampley on
OLC. The task is 339 Yarnell, 325 Western Sky, and 300 Rio Vista
Hills, with start and finish at 302 Sampleys; 5 mile start, 15 mile
circles (all), and 1 mile finish circle.

The Task Statistics show distance 205.0 miles and duration 2:54:19.
The *duration* is correct -- the time shown for the finish is the time
I actually crossed the finish line. But the distance shown for the
last leg is 35.2 miles and it should be ~34.3 (use the SeeYou map
distance tool to check this).

WinScore is correctly showing 203.97 as the task distance.

ted/2NO alias N7