Old May 7th 19, 09:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Electronic Declaration

On Tuesday, May 7, 2019 at 4:13:44 PM UTC-4, MNLou wrote:
I'd ask Rollin Hasness about this. He is very helpful.

I believe that for all but Diamond and Diploma declarations (which now have to be electronic declarations) paper still over rules electronic declarations.

Lou - Who just gave a presentation on Badges and Records last Friday at the Minnesota Soaring Club XC Soaring Camp

From the SSA 2019 badge & records guide:

"2.3 DECLARATION REQUIREMENTS
.... The declaration must be identical in every FR and/or PR used, with the exception stated in 2.3b.
a. A written ... declaration ... supersedes any earlier FR or PR declaration. ...
b. If the data file for a Silver or Gold flight recorded by any FR or PR omits or has the incorrect pilot name and/or glider type and unique identification, the OO correction certificate in 4.4.2c shall be submitted with claim materials."

- so, a paper declaration overrules - but only if it is LATER THAN the electronic declaration. For errors in the e-declared task (wrong waypoints or coordinates) one needs a LATER paper declaration, it seems. OTOH, errors in the pilot & glider IDs can be corrected later via a different form.