Old September 24th 03, 04:54 PM
Steven P. McNicoll

"Dave Pascoe KM3T" wrote in message

I don't believe that is right. I think when they refer to "sole means
of navigation" they mean that you need to have other means of
navigation (separate NAV receiver).

Hmmm.... That would mean that IFR flight with a single NAV receiver is
illegal.

Think about it from a safety
point of view, forgat the legal requirements for a moment. If you
were in the soup and your Garmin died, what would you do? I would
never trust one instrument. The all-in-one feature of advanced GPS
units is nice, but you could lose the whole thing.

Do you trust one electrical system to power all of your NAV gear?