Old July 6th 05, 11:08 PM
RST Engineering

Nope. It makes not a bit of difference what your heading is. What makes a
difference is what the bearing FROM the airport in question is.

Let's presume a simple case. If you are anywhere west through east and
SOUTH of a particular airport, the approach frequency is 123.0. If you are
anywhere west throught east and NORTH of that airport, the approach
frequency is 123.5.

Now, you are due NORTH of the airport and inbound, so the approach frequency
is 123.5. If you turn 180d around and fly AWAY from the airport, your
heading changes 180d but the frequency remains the same.

It is the SECTOR and not the HEADING that make the difference.

Jim

"AliR" wrote in message
Thanks for the clarifications.

After reading the answers, I was thinking that I can quickly figure out
the
one that I need to contact by finding the reciprocal of my heading in the
different ranges.