Old December 21st 17, 09:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Relieving in flight

This site has a lot of info, including a posting I wrote for RAS many, many years ago: http://aviation.derosaweb.net/relief/

Some interesting updates in the recent postings, including reusable catheters. It's annoying to discover the day before leaving for a big contest that I'm running low on the adhesive type.

The ones I've bought the last few years aren't latex. They're clear plastic of some kind (silicone?) and seem to stay on much better (e.g., see 9B's comments about cold). Still, I carry at least two for every flight. I, too, apply them before launch. Loose clothing works makes it easier.

If I were to do it over again now, I'd probably go the UH route. That said, when we removed the rudder on my 25-year-old ASW 24 last winter, where I've had the dump port mounted on the lower aft corner of the gear door for that long, there was no corrosion. But having to lower and then raise the gear each time is a hassle, including listening to complaints from pilots below you in a thermal.

The older I get, the more I drink to stay hydrated and the more often I pee..

I didn't realize anyone was still littering the countryside with plastic bags.

Chip Bearden