Old December 21st 17, 10:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Relieving in flight

In addition to the sunburn preventer, I think also modify the bailout procedure to canopy, cath, belts, butt.

Having an easy way to keep fluids flowing is necessary to keep the brain working to stay up.

To make this easy, I modified the transponder fin to have a 3/8 poly tube down the front edge. This is behind the gear doors and a bit to the side, so it doesn't seem to streak the glider. It stays hooked up all the time so there is no hassle factor. There is a tee in the line with a blow tube usually clamped with hemostats. This permits blowing out the tube to the back if there is a worry about freezing preventing a second use. After flight, the blow tube is used to flush out the system.

Overall, having a good, simple pee system is a definite improvement in flying.

I find it amazing how many diverse areas of expertise flying gliders requires. That's part of what makes it fun.