Old November 14th 04, 05:33 PM
Vaughn

"Stewart Kissel" wrote in message
Probably is not going to make matters any easier in
regards to the ongoing problem with getting Pawnees
approved for towing

"Pawnees are bad, make it hard on them so the world will be safer." This
is a thought that can naturally be expected to occur to most any bureaucrat, but
it can easily be turned around and used to our advantage because the glider tug
market tends to makes these airframes safe and keeps them out of general
circulation.

Most glider tug Pawnees have the aerial application equipment removed, and
are kept harmless, busy, and watched. These Pawnees are prized around the world
for use as tugs and this keeps their price higher and their availability lower
than it would otherwise be if they were not allowed to tow gliders. Do they
really want multitudes of cheap/idle/unwanted/unregistered Pawnees laying around
uncharted farm strips, easily available to Timothy McVeigh wannabes? I don't.

Vaughn