Old May 26th 07, 11:54 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Matt Whiting

Default $1500 Cash Reward

chris wrote:
On May 26, 1:39 pm, Matt Whiting wrote:
James Sleeman wrote:
On May 26, 5:47 am, Kingfish wrote:
Sorry to hear about this Vic. I'm kinda curious to know why anyone
would keep firearms in their hangar or acft though?
Sounds to me like a gun collector, a hanagr is just as safe as a house
to keep your gun collection I suppose.

Not even close. A hangar is not occupied nearly as often as your house.

That said, there has been a recent discussion about guns and planes.
Basically it boiled down to as I remember 2 groups of people:
1. The people flying in areas where a firearm is necessary for self
preservation in the event of a downing in places where there are big
furry animals who would quite like to eat you (and probably some less
furry animals you'd quite like to eat).
2. The "this is America dammit, it's my constitutional right!" crowd.

Both are good reasons to have a gun in an airplane, but neither are good
reasons to leave a gun in an airplane. That is just dumb.

Matt

Wow, the thought of having firearms that aren't locked away just
worries me. Here as I understand it the police won't allow you a
firearms license without showing them you have them safely locked away
in some sort of safe, and if they were to find out you kept your gun
in your hangar / aeroplane they'd go ballistic!

What is it with Americans and bloody guns???

We simply value freedom and an armed populace is the only way to avoid
tyranny in the long run.

Matt