Old August 5th 08, 05:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mike[_22_]

Default Things not to do while working on your private ticket...

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message
Gig 601Xl Builder wrote in
m:

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
Gig 601Xl Builder wrote in
m:

Mike wrote:
Taking off with your wife and daughter would have to be pretty high
on the list:

http://www.ntsb.gov/ntsb/brief.asp?ev_id=20080731X01135

The plane was a '59 145hp 172. DA would have been around 3,500.
You can draw your own conclusions.

From the report...

"The personal flight was being conducted under the provisions of
Title 14 Code of Federal Regulations Part 91..."

No it wasn't. Hell they could really stick it to him and say it was
under part 121. He didn't have a certificate for that either.

Why would they say it was under part 121?

And where does it say he was not operating under the provisions of
91? If any regs were broken, and that is no tclear, it would have
been 61 in any case.

Bertie

Jeez Bertie it was a joke. The guy didn't have a license yet he went
X-C to pick up his wife and child. He might get charged with child
endangerment. He would if I was the DA there.

Ah, OK. Well, you dtill don't know he didn't have a licence yet. Often
there's a bigger picture behind NTSB reports like that, which was the
subtle point i was making.

In any case, it's also not at all clear he did anything stupid as far as
his flying was concerned.
Maybe he did, maybe he didn't. I just don't like seeing people lynched..

The word on the street even before the prelim NTSB was the "pilot" involved
had bought his plane to get his ticket, but never did and even his student
ticket had expired.