Old August 15th 08, 09:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Ol Shy & Bashful

Default Right Rudder

On Aug 15, 2:42*pm, gatt wrote:
Oh my goodness....Right Rudder? Why in the world would any pilot need
right rudder

Huh?

Such a frustration for CFI's and I wonder how many of the current crop
of CFI's have a handle on it or even understand what they are trying
to teach?

The FAA performs initial CFI checkrides directly so if a CFI candidate
doesn't have a handle on it, it should be immediately apparent to the
FAA itself.

What with the zero-flap forward slip to landing demonstrations and
cross-control stall discussion, not to mention all of the aerodynamic
questions on the CFI written alone, I don't think anybody will find that
the CFIs don't understand what they're trying to teach.

-c

Then you should fly with the current crop of CFI's and ask them hard
questions about what they do and why?
It appears you have bought into the idea the FAA is the "be all, end
all " and is the untimate authority. I have a hard time with new CFI's
who can't teach a forward slip without the longitudinal axis going 10
degrees off line. They don't have a clue how to use the rudder
effectively.
And what of the zero flap forward slip to a landing? What about the
cross control stall discussion? To what meaning? BFD they can discuss
it and can't perform it and not have a clue how it relates to a spin
entry. Spins? What a joke. I challenge you to show me 10 out of 100
new CFI's who can do a coherent discussion and demonstration of spins
and recoveries or who have actually done them? Discussions are great
but its like sex. You can talk until you are blue in the face about
sex but don't have a clue until you have participated it.