Old December 13th 03, 05:28 AM
Montblack

("Doug" wrote)
Since we all know each other by our posting identities, why not use
those? It is possible that someone might use the info about the plane
and/or pilot for other than honorable purposes. Some posters might
have valid reasons to use a different or incomplete name. Aircraft
theft, avionics theft, identity theft are all things that do occur
from time to time in our society. We can be somewhat selective about
who gets to know us in "real life". But we can't control at all who
views our posts, etc.

I agree with Doug's thoughts here. I'm not too interested in someone's
N-number. I do enjoy seeing newsgroup ID's matched up to planes and people.

Jay. Thank you for taking the time to set this up for the rec.aviation
folks.

It is appreciated :-)

--
Montblack