Old April 28th 19, 12:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Pete[_9_]

Default Need to move a glider west

I've used Uship twice with success.
Things to consider:

1. Don't book the first "broker" that contacts you. There will be lots. They are a middle man and don't actually ship anything. they'll find you a driver but not always the fastest or cheapest. Further, you will be locked into contract with them if another driver contacts you. In my opinion, just work directly with drivers.

2. Bid high if you are in a rush (an extra $100 will increase your rate of securing a bid quickly)

3. Last minute booking is sorta the norm. I was flying the glider in Colorado, landed to load up with an appointment to meet the shipper to pickup. He called and said truck is broke down and will not be able to make it. I freaked out because I had a flight out the next afternoon. I posted a new listing on uship requesting pickup in 24 hrs and added $200 to the job. I had the job booked in 2 hrs and glider picked up the following morning. He was a very professional and prompt shipper. No problems.

We are lucky to have this great service. Expect $2,000-$2,500 for cross trailering of your glider. Not too bad!