Old December 6th 17, 01:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
AS

Default Buy Glider without looking

On Wednesday, December 6, 2017 at 7:08:00 AM UTC-5, wrote:
On Wednesday, December 6, 2017 at 6:26:52 AM UTC-5, Casey wrote:
Has anyone every sold a glider without the buyer looking at it?

I have my glider listed for sell and the guy is buying without looking at it and sending a cashiers check and arranging shipping....sound familiar..

Casey

I have sold 2 gliders w/o buyer seeing it but your question (I assume tongue in cheek) raises red flags. My local gliderport had 3 gliders listed for sale and all 3 of us got the same offer. The language in the offer often intimates the buyer has no knowledge of soaring. One buyer gave a mailing address which I Googled. It was a vacant house! Check the SSA website to determine if the buyer is a member. If the offer still doesn't pass the smell test insist the buyer send his rep to inspect the ship.

One buyer gave a mailing address which I Googled. It was a vacant house!

That poor Nigerian Prince probably had to sell all his earthly belongings and move out of his house just to afford your glider! C'mon - have a heart and accept his offer - it's close to Christmas! ;-)
But seriously - the same scam is being pulled worldwide on anything from planes, cars and boats. The German soaring forum is full of warnings about it.. A serious buyer will not object to presenting a cashier's check or a bank transfer.

Uli
'AS'