Old February 26th 04, 01:01 AM
CriticalMass

James M. Knox wrote:

I do have an ATD-200 in my plane and find it somewhere between
useful and toy. Toy, because it probably only identifies about 30% of
the traffic in a useful fashion (has a habit of not lighting up until
the traffic has passed G). Useful, because it sometimes does alert me
to look for traffic out in the boonies, when there hasn't been another
aircraft within 100 nm for the last 2 hours (hard to keep a good scan
going under those conditions). A large percentage of the time it gives
false alarms.

That just about NAILS it for what mine does for me.

I'm starting to get curious about what the newer ones can do, but to act
on that curiosity, I need to sell my ATD-200.

If anyone's interested, email me. I'd sacrifice it for $250 plus shipping.