Old September 8th 09, 07:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan[_6_]

Default Stan Hall passed away this morning - SSA Hall of Fame member

On Sep 8, 8:15*am, Tony Condon
wrote:
Well rats, such a tremendous loss

I once called Stan mainly just to tell him that another one the
Cherokee's were back in the air. *This was right after I bought 373Y.
Now I'm very glad that I did so.

I don't know if Stan has been in ailing health lately or not, but I am
wondering if he was well enough to make it out to the ESA Workshop in
Tehachapi last weekend? *I hope so, as Dean Gradwell was supposed to be
there with his absolutely pristine Cherokee II which won the best
restoration award at IVSM 2009 in Elmira. *I think Stan would've been
very proud to see that beautiful bird.

Not too many of us left out there flying Cherokee's, guess we'll just
have to keep it up. *

Godspeed, and Tailwinds,

-Tony Condon
Cherokee II N373Y

Tony,
Yes, Dean did bring his Cherokee to Tehachapi. Man what a nice job!
And what a nice guy.
Brought back a lot of memories of my old dentist and glider builder,
the late Don Mythen. I think he built 3 of them.
Seeing Dean's Cherokee got me sort of interested in the design. I
haven't looked at one since I was a kid so I became intrigued with the
design.
Do you have a set of plans?
Do you know anyone who is interested in me bororowing a set of plans
so that I could scan them?
I'd be happy to create a pdf of the plans if I had a good set to work
with.

Dan Rihn