Old July 2nd 04, 05:55 PM
Dude

I don't have anything against the Tigers, or really, what I call the
"retreads". They are mostly all excellent machines and the people who build
them are doing good work.

New Tiger took a big financial risk to bring back a cult favorite. It was a
good design that makes some good trade offs. I never understood why they
did not sell more in the first place.

OTOH, I am dissappointed in a certain market leader that has the financial
ability to take the risk on a new plane, but will not. That is a perfectly
acceptable business decision for them. Unfortunately, they are doing
several things to poison the market and GA in order to continue milking the
business they have.

Nothing against the planes, but I personally wish something would change
with the situation.

"Dylan Smith" wrote in message
In article , Dude wrote:
Just the retreads.

If it was right in the wind tunnel in 1975, it's right in the wind
tunnel today. A brand new Grumman is still a good plane, so don't just
write it off. But...

The people that are investing in new airframes need our support. Next

time
you here some so and so throw out a cute remark about how nothing was or
will ever be better than a "blank", just smack them. They are trying to
sound old and wise and cool, but they are killing GA.

...but if I had the sort of money to buy a brand new plane, it'd be the
new Cirrus with the all-glass cockpit. It looks absolutely fantastic.
Or possibly a Diamond Twin Star. (I've flown the single-engine DA-40
Star, and it is very lustworthy)

There seems to be a lot of OWTs about composite planes - you can just
look at the experience with glass gliders over the past 25 years to see
that most of them are just that - old wives tales.

--
Dylan Smith, Castletown, Isle of Man
Flying: http://www.dylansmith.net