Old March 17th 05, 07:55 PM

Michael wrote:
snip
In other words - Lycoming's offer is not particularly generous
(certainly not up to what you would expect for a recall in the
automotive world) and this will probably still cost you.

OK, I'll agree that maybe Lyc.'s offer of 1.5 hrs won't cover the
labor on some planes. It will on mine (BTDT). As compared to
automotive recalls, you're right, but in my experience, the majority of
aircraft S.B.s that I see don't offer any compensation from the
manufacturer (unless the part or plane is still under warranty). In
that respect, I'm pleasantly surprised.

John Galban=====N4BQ (PA28-180)