Old December 20th 11, 04:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Croft Brown

Default Schleicher K 13 aerobatic approval

Schliecher issued TN4 in 1969.

http://www.alexander-schleicher.de/index_e.htm. Click TN/AD then scroll
down to K13 and then down to TN4. You can also look at all the other TN's
with the overview link.

The change of page 22 in the FM and the notification of change on page 2 in
the FM allows you to perform semi-aerobatics in the UK.

In the wording of TN4, it ammends the Type Certificate no. ASK 13 L-267.
I can email you the relavant docs if you need them.
BTW, I have been a member of my UK gliding club for 15 yrs. We use 2xK13
for all our training, including spin and other aerobatic manouvers.

Great fun!!

Croft Brown

At 14:33 20 December 2011, James Rizzo Esq wrote:
We are examining the Type Certiifcate for the K13. The original indicates

aerobatics including spins "not approved".

in 1967 Schleicher issued an AD approving semi aerobatics and spins, and
printed a modified page 22 to the flight manual. Does this automatically

modify the type certificate? Is there some authority I am not aware of?
We
woud like to instruct spin entries in our machine, but are uncertain of

the

legal status.

jim Rizzo