Old March 18th 18, 01:56 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Duster[_2_]

Default Parachute Service Life Limit - there is no 20 year rule!

quoted text -
"Allen Silver is a Dbag to have pushed that 20 year crap. Along with a couple of manufacturers that only make pilot rigs and don't want to compete with their own used products. 20 year lifespan on parachutes is the same thing as a 20 year lifespan on gliders."

Allen Silver a "Dbag"? Isn't Allen the same guy who has been an ally of gliding for decades and authored several "Soaring Mag" articles on the proper use and maintenance of emergency parachutes? Then for sure you must be eager to buy my 41 year old Security 250 chute (non-AD'd) worn about 3 times. Compared to my 7 year old Strong, it looks brand new. For $450 I'll include shipping and send the proceeds to our Jr. team. My rigger accepts the liability when packing the Strong, yet I respect his option not to repack the Security.