Old August 31st 05, 11:25 PM
Jay Honeck

I wonder if the insurance companies (and the federal government) will
FINALLY wake up to the fact that building permanent structures below
sea-level in a hurricane zone is folly?

I can understand how your computer malfunctions might be obliquely
construed as aviation related, on-topic, for this newsgroup, but I
completely fail to see how the subject of this article differs from
obnoxious spam. Or has this newsgroup become Jay's sandbox?

Don't you think it's foolhardy to build hangars, airports, aircraft
manufacturing companies (Piper?), homes and businesses in areas that are
virtually guaranteed to be destroyed by hurricanes?

I mean, it's not like there is a shortage of available land in this country.

I see these pleas for help on TV, and I see these people living in raw
sewage in the Super Dome, and I watch the same three black kids shown
looting New Orleans over and over on CNN (man, are they dead, or what?
Everyone in America can ID those kids!), and all I can think is:

Why the hell were they there? Everyone in America knew that New Orleans --
and everything for 100 miles on each side -- was about to be blasted by
Katrina.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA