Old May 5th 04, 10:52 PM
gerrcoin

Peter wrote:
Does anyone else get any spam emails from a porn site?

It shows a pictures saying FREE LIVE TEENS, ENTER HERE.

Its connected to a subdomain of site.voila.fr

I don't know how they have got my email address, becuase I don't use it for
anything else but posting here!

But I do know it is VERY annoying! I get over 40 e-mails from them a day.
Its a pain in the back side as one would say!

Any feedback would be appreciated

Peter

A lot of people who are relatively new to Usenet nievely use their
complete email address as a reply address. Spammers use bots
(automated software) to trawl Usenet groups for these email addresses
and add them to a mailing list. You may have noticed that most people
who have been posting for a while use malformed versions of their
email address with what's known as a spam trap part.

Notice my reply address. You would need to remove the "no_spam_thanks"
bit to reply. Actually, I don't even use this address anymore because
I used it for an online newsletter subscription and started recieving
30 to 40 bits of rubbish per day. Anyone who wants to talk to me need
only post here. The spam trap is a must have in these groups, but now
that your address is out there you may need to get some spam filtering
software.

good luck