Old March 2nd 16, 05:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot)

Default Aileron inboard edge sealing

On Wednesday, March 2, 2016 at 12:30:09 PM UTC-5, Piotr Jaszczuk wrote:
Hi all,

I've found enough info on the internet about advantages of sealing all
control surfaces with mylar tape but I'm struggling a bit to find
anything about benefits of sealing inboard edge of aileron gap with a
plate fitted to wing.
Here is the link to picture that illustrates what I'm talking about
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/phot...s6LsyrxNS_9MTj
NZETYmyPJy0liipFm0?feat=directlink

brgds
Piotrek

I believe they're usually called a "fence". As to whether or not they're needed, I think some depends on the wing.

What ship do you have?