Old October 21st 20, 12:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
James Metcalfe

Default As heard on 123.3........

At 22:24 20 October 2020, Martin Gregorie wrote:
...Take a look at that URL and scroll down past the B&W image of a letter:

The message I meant is a whole lot more explicit than the rather innocent

"Not tonight Josephine", which, taken out of context, could have been
said in a Victorian drawing room. Additionally, that last well-known
message is, ahem, unlikely, given that Nappy was in Russia when he
wrote the letter in question while Josie was, or should have been,
in Paris (but she did get around a bit).

I *did* scroll down!
Maybe you missed the irony of the part of my message which you
didn't quote ("...soap..."). Perhaps the irony was too subtle, but it
was as far as I was prepared to go, on a public forum.
J.