Old March 27th 05, 07:02 PM
Jimmy B.

Doodybutch wrote:
I was thinking about upgrading to a Cirrus if I could scrape the money
together. They're really nice, if you haven't checked one out.

An acquaintance of mine told me that the insurance on these aircraft is much
higher than comparably priced singles because of the ballistic parachutes.
Apparently, once it's deployed the airplane is totaled and there have been a
number of deployments.

I would appreciate it if someone knowledgeable would comment on this.

Thanks,

DB

The other issue is that the Cirrus is an unknown. There just isn't
enough of them out there to get good statical data. Of course, the
insurance industry will error on the negative side for you (positive for
them.)