Old June 20th 05, 11:08 PM
Mike Granby

Hi again, Jim!

I spoke to a King guy at AOPA's fly-in, and got a similar story. He
said that the WAAS GPS engine had been designed, built, tested etc. but
that the final form of the product hadn't been decided. He said there
were two camps -- those who wanted a stand-alone navigator to replace
the KLN-94, and those who wanted a GPS-NAV-COM to go after the 430/530.
His preference was for the former, but he didn't know how it would go.
He doubted, though, that they'd do both. My own guess would be that
they'd go for the KLN-94 style product, as they have a huge installed
base of KLN-89/90B/94 users with KX-155/165/155A/165A units in their
panels.

Mike.