Old June 18th 07, 08:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.military.naval,sci.military.naval
RapidRonnie

Default "Seeking Foreign Buyers For Osprey"

I guess common sense is not your forte. An Apache has a hell of lot
better chance at survival than a troop-carryong transitional
rotorcraft with exposed engines at the tips of vunerable wings. It is
not heavily armored as well.

When civilians and the military alike call the V-22 things like Turkey-
Shoot, Easy Prey, and Let's Pray, I think they show a definate lack of
confidence with the craft. Time will tell.

You missed who the comment was directed to, didn't you??

The Apache is a moderately good, quite overpriced attack helicopter.
The Osprey is a flying deathtrap and a worst-possible-design attempt
at VTOL. It can't be flown as a conventional aircraft-I guess it can
be landed in shear-off-the-rotors forward mode, but it's something you
can't practice. It has two engines, a pessimal number for VTOL even
with cross-shafting and suffficient excess power.

We should concede we were bamboozled, yes, bamboozled and have the
Osprey fleet used for reefage in salt water and walk away.