Old April 7th 08, 12:55 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting
BobR

Default Note to everyone: Beware forged posts

On Apr 6, 6:47*pm, Jim Logajan wrote:
I see someone has targeted several people who post to r.a.p and r.a.h and
begun forging their names in the "From" headers and posted troll-like posts
in an attempt to "Joe Job" the targets. Or it may simply be an attempt to
disrupt the newsgroups (more than usual, that is!). At the moment all the
forged posts _seem_ to have "albasani.net" in the "Path" header and can be
identified that way, though of course the perp may switch to an alternate
provider.

If you see an unexpectedly anal post from someone, check the headers of the
post in question and try to compare it to much older (presumably less anal)
posts from that same person.

Yep, just found a couple of posts that I made when I haven't even been
home to get on the computer. Now that is sick.