Old January 16th 09, 04:29 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Orval Fairbairn[_2_]

Default Fuel Lube Preferences?

In article ,
Ross wrote:

Orval Fairbairn wrote:
Anybody have any preferences between the clear fuel lube in a tube and
the older, tan, waxy type you get in a can?

I am about to service a poorly-accessible fuel selector valve and want
to use the longest-lasting stuff.

Gosh, I wish I could remember what I use on my Cessna, but it does come
from Boeing and approved by them. I would think you would want something
that would not attract dust and dirt, much like a Teflon spray. I have
used a product called Super Lube that is Teflon based. Cessna has one of
the poorest designs for the 172 fuel selector.

Thanks -- I will look into that. I have a can of Fuel Lube and a friend
has a tube of the other stuff, but I don't think it is Super Lube,
though. All it takes is a small dab (less than a fingertip full).