Old October 2nd 18, 12:08 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default CFI-G

On Friday, September 28, 2018 at 7:50:50 PM UTC-7, Joe Rizzo wrote:
Hi folks. Passed my Commercial Glider check ride today.

I'm currently a CFI-A. Do I need to take a written test before taking the CFI-G checkride?

Joe

Joe,

You might want to check out my online course "Guide to Becoming a CFI-G". The information in this course can also be a useful reference for new, or even experienced CFI-Gs. The course provides links to all of the reference material an instructor will need, including FARs, ACs, FAA Manuals, Endorsements, Progress Records, Phase Tests, Training Checklists, and Flight Review materials. In addition, you can download over 180 illustrations that you can use for teaching both the flight and knowledge areas to your students.

The course covers:
Requirements
Instructor Responsibilities
Record Keeping
Reference Materials
Advice for New Instructors
Instructional Materials
Flight/Knowledge Training including lesson plans
Performing Flight Reviews
Using IACRA

If you are interested, you can follow this link to learn more.

https://academy.gliderbooks.com/cour...coming-a-cfi-g

-Russell Holtz