Old January 27th 19, 06:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Martin Gregorie[_6_]

Default Trailer Covers-will that eliminate condensation inside ?

On Sun, 27 Jan 2019 07:10:38 -0800, jpg797 wrote:

I thought those trailer covers were more to protect trailer GRP surface
finish against UV and water degradation than to prevent internal
condensation.

Several years ago a clubmate had similar condensation problems with a
metal-skinned box trailer (I think this is what's called a 'tube trailer'
in the US).

He lined it with 3mm (1/8") white polystyrene foam sheet[*] held in place
with contact glue and said it fixed his condensation problems, though
IIRC he didn't enjoy applying the glue in the confined space inside the
trailer. I'd think the same solution should work for a Cobra and, because
you're pretty much in free air with the top up, the contact adhesive
fumes should be much less problematic.
[*] in the UK this is used as an interior wall liner.
It comes in 500mm x 10m (5 sq.m, 53 sq.ft) rolls at around $5 a roll.

--
Martin | martin at
Gregorie | gregorie dot org