Old January 20th 07, 09:36 AM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval

Default F/A-18F loadout for war-at-sea info needed for model project

Hello Matt,

That's me again;-) If I were you, I wouldn't mix HARMs or Rockeyes with
Harpoons, because the former are rather close-up weapons, whereas the
latter are definitely stand-off ones. If carrying Harpoons, you may
come not close enough to have to use HARMs. Yet, if expecting to come
so close, you could easily carry AGM-65F Mavericks instead of AGM-84s.
Just my humble opinion...

On some Super Hornet demonstrators you could have a variety of
air-to-surface ordnance, including LGB, JDAM, JSOW, HARM, Harpoon and
SLAM, but that must have been only for show.

One anti-ship variant I've seen in a Super Hornet brochure is: 2 x
AIM-9, 2 x AIM-120, 2 x AGM-84, 3 x 480 USgal. fuel tank.

Let us know what will be your final choice;-)

Best regards,
Jacek

On 20 Sty, 02:20, "Matt Wiser" wrote:
I'm just about ready to add weapons to a Hasagawa 1/72 F/A-18F (decal option taken will be
VFA-2), and would like to do a war-at-sea load. Besides the two AIM-9X and two AIM-120s
that came with the kit, what weapons would be suitable for a mixed war-at-sea load? I'm
thinking 2x HARM, and 2x AGM-84; or two AGM-84s and four Mk-20 Rockeyes, or as a
final loadout, two AGM-84, two LGBs, and a targeting pod. Any comments welcome.