Old February 9th 04, 10:46 AM
Derrick Steed

At 16:00 08 February 2004, Jj Sinclair wrote:
Mark,
I guess it comes down to a matter of government control,
doesn't it? You Brits
require fully developed spins and us Yanks allow our
instructors to demonstrate
and instruct as they see fit.

You Brits collect all the guns and us Yanks allow our
citizens to protect
themselves.

You Brits force everyone into a state health care system
and us Yanks allow our
citizens to choose.

It all comes down to a matter of freedom to choose,
didn't we fight a war with
you chaps over this?

I'm sorry, but I can't resist this even though it's a bit off-topic: (deliberate misinterpretation) the only war we fought with you (the one about independence) we lost. The other one involved the UK in conflict that was more about securing middle eastern resources and oil for the west and protecting a bunch of magpies living on the coast of the mediteranean sea than it was about protecting us from WMD's. The arguments being presented now about how wonderful it is that a despotic regime has been removed ignore the fact that the same regime was heartily supported through the 80's by the US and the UK, amonst others.

Bring it on...

Rgds,

Derrick.