Old December 3rd 03, 11:24 AM
Vaughn

"BTIZ" wrote in message
news:rfezb.892$yf.327@fed1read01...
never wear anything around the neck lest you want to be choked by it...

(sigh) Always someone on the Internet to tell you that what you are
doing is mortally dangerous. I did say "light" lanyard and you could just
as easily get wound up and horribly injured in the cord for that speaker
mike. (said with a grin)

That said, if you are wearing a chute, extra lanyards, cords, water
hoses etc. should be thought out very carefully.

get an ICOM.. then get the "speaker/mic" combination unit that plugs into
the top.. ICOM carried on belt or hip pocket.. or inside windbreaker

jacket
pocket... speaker/mic clips to shirt collar or glider shoulder seat belt
straps (like a traffic cop)

That is a perfectly valid way of doing it, I just don't like carrying
that extra hardware around. My entire radio is only about double the size
of some speaker mikes I have seen and there is one less thing to break.

Vaughn