Old October 1st 03, 05:06 PM
Michael 182

The only time I find ii difficult is when they describe a weather pattern,
like a front as being "30 SE of Tyler to 40 N of Lubbock to 20 W of
Midland...." I do a fair amount of flying in areas I am not familiar with
the waypoints, so this is kind of useless.

When they are done with all that I usually just ask is that in my route of
flight? "Yes."

All right, how should I change my flight plan to avoid the weather? Good
briefers have always responded with a new flight plan option, which I then
have them modify in my filed plan. The advantage over maps for me is that
they are forecasting the movement of the front as they offer the new plan.
In this case, since there is obviously significant weather involved, I'll
take the new plan to a computer and look at what I'm getting into.

Michael

"Dave Butler" wrote in message
Dan Thompson wrote:

You must be better than I am at assimilating spoken data. I need pictures

and
written text. It's hard enough trying to comprehend all that voice input

when
I'm sitting down at a desk, let alone while driving.