Old January 7th 16, 08:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Which sustainer system would you chose for your sailplane?

While I hear the advantage of other type of power - I think more people are comfortable throwing a switch, than firing up a jet or hoisting a boom. And I have never been around any engine that uses fuel and did not smell bad.

Plus you have to explain to your wife that you just purchased a jet, when she thought you were going to fly around the airport safe and sound lol

I still think pilots who are real racing pilots will go powerless and the vast majority of us would be more comfortable flipping a switch even if a Jet has that 007 appeal.

WH1