Old January 29th 06, 06:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr,rec.aviation.misc

Default KLN94 updates with Sandisk writer - unit-specific?

wrote:

That's news to me. Admittedly I have never done this (I have been
purchasing flash cards from BK, returning the old one to them each
time) but looking at the instructions for the downloading process it
looks like the key I have to enter is specific to the KLN94, not the
flash card plugged into it.

What you are seeing is the key of the card in your KLN94. Note the next
time you install an update card you receive from BK, it will have a
different key number.

--
Peter