Old March 20th 06, 09:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr,rec.aviation.misc

Default KLN94 updates with Sandisk writer - unit-specific?

On Mon, 20 Mar 2006 10:47:49 +0000, Peter
wrote:

To add: I have just downloaded the same database update, under the new
key which came from the spare CF card. Yesterday I downloaded the
database update under the key displayed by the KLN94.

So it looks like one can download the same database update, under
different keys, and obviously load it to different cards.

I didn't think this was possible!

You can download the database as many times as you want, but if you do
anything other than "re-download the database you already generated"
you are *CHARGED* with an additional download. Their download
counters are done by *download* not *cycle*. If you bought 12
downloads you are now down to 10 instead of 11.