Old January 28th 08, 09:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Robert M. Gary

Default Cessna 172 fuel selector

On Jan 28, 9:37*am, Ross wrote:
I am in the throws of my annual on the aircraft. This year I have
several things needing fixing and one is the leaky fuel selector. Well,
let me tell you that is no easy job. I had to take a lot of the plane
apart to get to it. What was Cessna thinking when they designed the
placement of the fuel selector. I finally got it out and the A&P is
going to replace all the o-rings, etc. I guess it will be fun again for
the re-installation process. Anyone else go through this? You have to
have small hands and stubby wrenches.

Hehehe, in my Mooney removing the fuel selector was probably the only
"easy" thing I've ever done on the plane!! I often envy the 172 owners
at annual. It takes me about 2 hours to decowl my Mooney, then another
4 to remove the inspection plates.

-Robert