Old June 15th 04, 07:17 PM
Steven P. McNicoll

"John A. Weeks III" wrote in message

I am doing some research on the C-74 and C-124 Globemasters.
The information that I have found so far indicates that C-74
s/n 42-65406 survived scrapping and was displayed at Kelly AFB
at one time. Now that Kelly is closed, I understand that many
of the display aircraft were moved. In speaking with a person
stationed at Kelly, the C-74 is reportedly no longer there.

Anyone know what happened to the C-74? Did it move from Kelly,
or was it scrapped? Did it end up next door at Lackland? Or
did it go somewhere else?

I believe C-74 42-65406 was converted to a YC-124 and reserialed 42-65410.

Perhaps the person you talked to mistook the C-99 that had sat there for
many years for a C-74. The C-99 was dismantled and shipped to the USAFM for
restoration not long ago.