Old January 10th 18, 12:47 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Craig Funston[_3_]

Default Wingtip Wheels from Libelle 201?

On Tuesday, January 9, 2018 at 3:21:18 PM UTC-8, wrote:
Thx. I've seen pics of the available tip wheels. And off-the-shelf wheels would work. But the Glasflugel device was so elegant: the wheel was small but robust, and half buried in the tip instead of the entire wheel being encased in a fairing, as I've found commercially available. And already mounted in a fiberglass assembly. I checked Streifeder's site without success but I'll post something on the Libelle owner's forum.

Chip Bearden

Chip, I retrofitted a set of factory wheels to a Libelle in the '70s (SN 71). They were available from the factory and consisted of the glass wheel pocket with an embedded steel U-strap and a surrounding glass flange. Installation consisted of making a hole and scarfing the outer skin around the flange then glassing it all together. It wouldn't be too hard to reproduce.

Craig