Old April 9th 19, 03:55 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Joe Capra

Default Creative editing of raw 360 flight video

On Saturday, March 30, 2019 at 10:57:20 AM UTC-7, son_of_flubber wrote:
Most of the 360 soaring videos that I've seen are underwhelming. I never know where to 'look'. But I'm really impressed by this video. It edits the raw 360 footage into a fixed_point_of_view format. No doubt a lot of time spent on editing but the result seem to catch the excitement of flight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Fq33dHNSfI

After a couple of minutes of flight, he provides an explanation of his approach. I don't expect that anyone would mount a boom on their glider, but I'm thinking a camera on a wing tip or the top of the empennage would yield some raw footage that would be worthwhile to edit.

I'm lazy, distracted, relatively broke, and I've got other priorities at the moment, but maybe someone will want to try this.

I have the same camera and have been using it while soaring for a few month now and i love it! They provide an app for you phone that you can easily edit the footage, point the camera where you want, and export the video directly from your phone. Very very very easy!