Old December 14th 18, 01:42 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Richard DalCanto

Default Anyone test fly both the JS3 and the Ventus 3?

I have a deposit on both with FES system. The JS3 would arrive in 2020. The Ventus maybe 2021. Reading the POH, the Ventus may have gentler stall characteristics (according to the manual with forward CG it won't drop a wing on stall either level or in a 45 degree bank). The JS3 manual makes it sound like it will drop a wing (which could be an issue close to terrain). Because of this, I'm leaning toward the Ventus despite the narrower cockpit and longer wait. Anyone flown both who is willing to comment? Or flown the JS3 and can comment on stall characteristics?

Thanks!