Old December 16th 18, 07:05 AM
Brett Brett is offline
Member

Location: New Zealand

Thanks Brett! Have you flown the V2 yourself, or is the comment about the older Ventus stall characteristics based on what you've heard? I'm thinking about flying from Utah to Florida in March (just for two days) for the opening weekend of the Senior Championships just to try to sit in both the JS3 and Ventus 3 cockpits.[/quote]

Richard- yes I have flown the V2C and the V2CX. Both very nice gliders to fly or own and considerably better in the handling department than the first generation (which I have also flown).
Reading your post I'm wondering about your experience level. (I mean no offence). Modern high wing-loading sailplanes are very easy to fly, but would you buy a Ferrari as a first car for a commuter? Because everything happens a bit faster at the lower end of the airspeed spectrum when you have decreased wing area and non-jettisonable ballast such as a FES system.
What type of flying to you have in mind with your new sailplane - competition? club flying? mountain flying? etc. Forgive me if I have misread your concerns.
You should be leaning on your SH and JS agents to organise you some familiarity with their sailplanes - especially if you have gone so far as place orders.
Best of luck.