Old December 18th 18, 01:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andrzej Kobus

Default Anyone test fly both the JS3 and the Ventus 3?

On Monday, December 17, 2018 at 1:35:17 PM UTC-5, wrote:
I have flown the JS-3 against a Ventus 3 recently. It usually takes 3-4 thermals to leave the Ventus behind (gaining 3-400 ft per thermal). But please be aware that this in good conditions. In poorer conditions the low wing-loading of the V3 will probably be less of a handicap.

I think you made a mistake you have flown against another pilot who happened to fly V3 and you did better. Everything else is uncertain.

Andrzej