Old May 16th 19, 12:28 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Youngblood

Default ASW27B prices falling

On Wednesday, May 15, 2019 at 6:35:31 PM UTC-4, ripacheco1967 wrote:
On Tuesday, August 8, 2017 at 6:00:32 AM UTC-5, wrote:
There are 3 nice ASW27's for sale, all at reduced prices in the Wings and Wheels website. We 3 owners are mystified at the seeming lack of interest in this ship. Two of us are no longer flying thanks to Father Time and we're throwing in lots of soaring related "goodies" with your purchase.

http://wingsandwheels.com/classifieds/?m=glider

There 2 AWS27 on W&W now one AWS 27 for 60K and a AWS 27b for 80K.

Some interesting facts, the ASW27 is as good as the ASG29 in the 15 meter configuration. Lot less money and with the right person at the stick you may even be surprised. The 27 is as good as any fifteen meter ship around, maybe better. I had a new 20 back in the late 70's and I have always said that if there was a hall of fame for gliders the 20 would be at the top of the list. The 27 is a great 15 meter ship. I took a look at the 15 meter national scores and the 27 is as competitive as any. You usually get what you pay for.

I can see that people seem to prefer motor-gliders these days... at least on the new ones...