Old May 17th 19, 03:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default What's Wrong With OLC?

Thanks Evan, but I don't have SeeYou.Â* Watch this be something really
stupid like my two separate USB sticks (one for each device) have given
up the ghost in the same manner.Â* I can also try a different USB stick
next time I fly.

On 5/16/2019 7:43 PM, Tango Eight wrote:
On Saturday, April 27, 2019 at 10:57:54 AM UTC-4, Dan Marotta wrote:
My flight on April 25 comes back with a zero score and I can't see
why.Â* I have two recorders on board and got the same results with
both.Â* I uploaded the igc file to Skylines.aero and the flight was
instantly scored.

I use OLC to support the local club, of which I'm not a member.Â* I
use Skylines because it's quicker, has a much better interface,
allows me to select my desired units, and has no advertising.Â* And,
since my logbooks have been kept in imperial units (flame suit on)
for 45 years, I don't want to mess with metric conversions to
maintain my logs.Â* Maybe everyone should switch to Skylines.aero...

OBTW, my OLC claim showed the same ground track as Skylines.aero,
just no points.

--

Dan, 5J

I looked up your flight on OLC and d/l'ed the igc file. The file shows up in SeeYou as invalid, which most likely means it was corrupted sometime after you d/l'ed from your flight recorder. Guessing the offending bit is a B record with a corrupted time. Try d/l'ing again and see if you get a valid result in SeeYou.

best,
Evan Ludeman

--
Dan, 5J